The Irish online betting market is stronger than ever with dozens of brilliant sportsbooks at the fingertips of Irish Bettors. All of these sportsbooks are offering betting bonus codes which have the potential to give new users an extra boost in starting money which could lead to big gains in the long run.
A majority of these sites use promotional betting bonus codes to activate the bonuses on their site. Use the following Betting Bonus Codes Guide to ensure you get access to all the popular bonus codes in the Irish Market and kick your betting stint off with a head start!
What is a bonus?
A bonus is simply a promotional incentive given by online sportsbooks or casinos which usually come in the form of bonus money which users may claim. Often times bonuses will require a bonus code to activate, however in some instances a Welcome Bonus may activate automatically on deposit. Betting bonus codes come in the form of a short word or phrase which you enter into a ‘Bonus Code’ or ‘Promotional Code’ field when registering or making a deposit at a sportsbook. If a bonus code is successfully used to activate the bonus, the bonus will be automatically credited into a user’s account.
A common example of a bonus which many sportsbooks offer is a percent match bonus on a user’s first deposit. A match bonus issues a user the percentage of money they deposit into their betting account. Thus, if a user deposits €100 for instance, they will get another €100 (if the bonus is a 100% deposit match) in bonus money on their account after the deposit. There is generally always a maximum and minimum amount of bonus money which a user may receive from deposit bonuses.
Usual Requirements for Sports Betting Bonus Codes
Users must fulfill certain requirements before they may claim and withdraw their bonus money from their betting account. The requirements can vary from one sportsbook to another, so users should always read the terms and conditions of a Welcome Offer before continuing with a deposit. Some requirements come standard to a vast majority of bonuses. Some of the most common bonus code requirements users will encounter are:
- Creating a Betting Account – new users to a sportsbook have to create a betting account before they may activate the corresponding bonus. Users may sign up by filling out the registration form and accepting the terms and conditions of the site.
- Using Betting Bonus Codes – during registration users may have to enter a bonus code in ‘Bonus Code’ or ‘Promotional Code’ field provided in the registration form.
- Minimum Deposit Limit – a Welcome Bonus will likely have a minimum deposit limit. This means any deposit made under the minimum limit will not activate the bonus offer and result in the forfeiture of the chance to activate the bonus in the future.
- Wagering Requirements – wagering or turnover requirements work by setting a particular amount of money which must be wagered before a user’s bonus money will be available for withdrawal. Wagering requirements protect the sportsbook from users making a deposit and withdrawing the bonus money straight away. A wagering requirement will, in most circumstances, be based on the amount deposited, in the form of a multiple. For example a turnover requirement of x10 on a deposit of €100 will require a user to make bets totaling a worth of (100+100) X 10 = €2000 before the user may make a withdrawal of their bonus money. Keep in mind that not all bets will help towards the wagering requirement, most sites will have a threshold of odds which bets must be equal to or greater than for bets to qualify.
- A Time Limit – the sportsbook sets a time limit in which the user has to complete the turnover requirement. Not completing the turnover requirement within the given time period will result in forfeiting any bonus money.
Claiming Your Bonus Guide
Claiming your bonus is a quick and simple process which should only take a few moments of your time. By using the following step-by-step guide make sure you don’t make any mistakes which would result in forfeiting the bonus.
- First, visit the Sportsbook of you choice on your PC or mobile browser. In some cases the sportsbook will have a mobile app which can be downloaded from iTunes or Google Play.
- In this case Paddy Power will be used as an example. Click on the ‘OPEN AN ACCOUNT’ button found at the top left hand side of the homepage. It will instantly take you to a registration form. The form will require certain personal details and the creation of a unique username and password combination for logging into your account.
- The registration form in most cases will also have a field where you must enter a betting Bonus Code. In this case the field asks for a Promotion Code. Other times the bonus code field may require a user ticking a box before entering the code. Keep in mind that you must type the bonus code as is (case sentsitive) for the bonus to activate.
- To complete the registration process, tick the terms and conditions box and click on the ‘REGISTER NOW’ button.
- After finishing with the registration form, you may have to validate your e-mail. To do this, go to the inbox of the e-mail address you provided in the registration form and click on the validation link which you should find in the body of the e-mail.
- For deposit bonuses you will have to make a deposit using a supported payment method of your choice before the bonus activates. After you make your qualifying deposit, you will get your welcome bonus within 24 hours.
Sportsbook Bonus Types
A number of different types of sportsbook bonuses are available when registering at a online betting site. The following are the most commonly found Welcome Bonuses in the Irish Market:
The most common type of Sportsbook Welcome Bonus is a deposit bonus. A deposit bonus credits new users with bonus money based on their first deposit onto the sportsbook. New users must first create a betting account to take part in a deposit bonus. In most cases betting bonus codes must be entered on registration or during the deposit process to activate the bonus. Bonus money will be credited to a user’s account shortly after they’ve made their qualifying deposit.
The bonus is almost always given as a percentage of the amount deposited by a user on their first deposit. For example, a 100% bonus offered on €50 would give a user €50 in bonus money for a total of €100. There is always a minimum and maximum that will go along with a deposit bonus. For example the same 100% bonus can add up to €100. Any initial deposit over €100 will result in getting only €100 in bonus money. The percentage, minimum and maximum deposits will vary from promotion to promotion.
No-deposit Bonuses can be difficult to come across but are a fantastic way to test out a sportsbook without risking any money. With no-deposit bonuses users will not be required to make a deposit onto the sportsbook. Instead the no deposit bonus will be rewarded to the player right after registration. In general no-deposit bonuses at sportsbooks will come in the form of a free bet. Withdrawal of bonus money acquired may require a deposit to be made prior to any withdrawal. Much like deposit bonuses, sports betting bonus codes are generally required to activate the bonus during registration.
First Bet Bonus
A First Bet Bonus will require a user to both make a deposit on a sportsbook and also make a first bet. After a qualifying bet has been made, a percentage or match of the first bet will be rewarded in bonus money. The qualifying bet will have minimum betting odds for the first bet. The odds of the wager must be equal to or greater than the minimum bet odds for the first bet to activate the bonus. A First Bet Bonus can also be awarded to a user in the form of an insurance bet. In this case, a user’s first bet will get insurance, so that even if it loses, their account will be credited with the lost amount. First Bet Bonuses, much like deposit bonuses and no deposit bonuses, require betting bonus codes to be entered at registration for activation.
Specific Sports Bonuses
A bonus can be awarded that can be bet only on a certain sport. These type of sign up offers are typically given out for more popular sports such as Football. A specific sports bonus can be awarded as a deposit bonus, no deposit bonus or a first bet bonus. A bonus code will once again be required. Specific sports bonuses can sometimes be open to both new and existing members of a sportsbook, so make sure to keep a look out for bonus codes even after claiming your Welcome Bonus.
Popular Bonus Codes Ireland
With hundreds of sportsbooks available for bettors living in Ireland it can be difficult to find sportsbooks with valuable promotional offers and bonus codes. The following is a list of our recommended sportsbook promotions available currently in the Irish Market:
|Read more||ACTIVATE BONUS|
|Read more||ACTIVATE BONUS|
|Read more||ACTIVATE BONUS|
|Read more||ACTIVATE BONUS|
Sports Betting Bonus Conclusion
Sports Betting Bonus Codes are a fantastic tool to start off your stint in online betting. By activating Welcome Bonuses through the use of bonus codes you may unlock special promotional bonuses in cash and free bets, giving you that head start you need to build your bankroll.
Use the amazing betting bonus codes currently in the Irish market as listed above with four of the most popular bookmakers on the online Irish market. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to activate the bonus codes and start your betting on a high – register today!
*New customers only, limited to one per person. If you’ve previously had a Paddy Power account, you will not qualify for the offer. Place your FIRST bet on any Sportsbook market and if it loses we will refund your stake in CASH. Max refund for this offer is €20. Only deposits made using Cards or Paypal will qualify for this promotion. T&Cs apply.